My name is Tiffany Daines and I am so happy to be the school counselor at Breeze Hill Elementary. VUSD elementary school counselors cultivate a strength based culture that empowers all students to be independent learners. Our purpose is to educate, collaborate, advocate, and nurture the whole child through academic support, building social/emotional skills, and awareness of college & career pathways. At our school, I provide classroom lessons to teach social emotional skills, individual and small group counseling (short-term), consultation and meetings with staff and parents regarding student social-emotional skills, attendance and academics. My objective is to help students overcome barriers to learning.
If you see bullying: What can you do?
You can ask the person who is bullying to stop. This is being an upstander. Sometimes students who bully don't realize they are hurting another person (the target) until someone says something about it. Some bullies like an audience. It's important to not participate in the bullying behavior. The target of bullying should get away from the situation with support from those around them. Upstanders can walk them to class, play with them, and offer to listen. Telling an adult when the bullying occurs can help enforce the rules and create a safe space for the target. Kids who are bullied may feel alone or that it's their fault. They should be told they are not alone and no one deserves to be bullied.
Anonymous bullying reporting can be done at www.psstworld.com
Friendly Attendance Reminder:
September is Attendance Awareness month! Attendance matters every day for your child. Here
are some friendly reminders:
When students reach 3rd grade. regular attendance is also a predictor for graduating and strong social skills!
- School hours are 8:00-2:10 Mon-Fri. Minimum day hours are 8:00-12:50
- Please call in all absences within 72 hours (3 days) to the attendance line at (760) 945-2373
- These are allowable absence reasons:
- Medical, dental, optometric, or chiropractic services rendered
- Attending a funeral service
- Religious ceremony or retreat
- Prior principal approval
- DID YOU KNOW: Attending school on time and every day is the biggest predictor of math and reading success by the time
- WHAT CAN YOU DO:
- Set a regular bedtime and morning routine.
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before
- Send your child to school unless there is an allowable reason
- Have a back up transportation plan is something comes up. Call on a family member, neighbor, or another parent.